Thursday, September 17, 2009

Accept the Things You Cannot Change

I once sat down and wrote a list of things I wanted to change about myself.

-My hair is unmanageable
-I have an unreasonably small vocabulary
-I have no sense of fashion
-I Despise sweet tea and coffee of any shape and form
-I cant multitask even the littlest of things
-I'm a very jealous person sometimes
-I procrastinate the important things
-I'm fat because I eat, I eat because I'm fat
-My favorites are love songs and I have no one to sing them to
-I'm so poor, I haven't been shopping since March
-There's not much I'm good at
-I simply cannot dance--this is okay though when I'm drunk and careless
-I've been reading about Nashville on the records that everybody's buying and I doubt I'll ever get to go
-I cannot drive a stick-shift vehicle, hell I can barely drive an automatic
-I can't make decisions no matter how big or small--without worrying that it was the wrong one
-I'm losing my mind, my memories


The list went on and on and on and on and on.

And I realized,
...... how can someone ever love me if I don't love myself?

1 comment: